Please read these terms carefully. Payment or part payment of our invoice for services listed therein are considered full acceptance of the terms listed below.
- We reserve the right to refuse projects entirely at our discretion.
- For new customers, 50% payment may be required before work can commence. The balance is payable on submission of the completed work.
- Credit may only be extended at our discretion.
- Payment in UK Pounds may be made by direct bank transfer, cheque or PayPal. Bank transfer (BACS) is preferred.
- UK VAT is applicable to all relevant charges.
- We reserve the right to add a surcharge for PayPal or cheque payments of invoices to cover the transaction fees.
- You are responsible for the acquisition of distribution rights from the author or owner of any work.
- You are responsible for ensuring that the submitted manuscripts and other information is correct and up to date.
- Resubmission of manuscripts may require a revision of the quote.
- Rework due to resubmission of materials may incur a charge.
- It is entirely your responsibility to ensure that you have explicit, written permission of any individuals, entities owners of products etc mentioned in your project, also for any quotes from other works, images, likenesses etc.
- You will entirely indemnify Oxford eBooks against any and all claims made arising from the contents of your project (either in the original manuscript or completed project) specifically but not limited to slander, libel, misrepresentation, innuendo, copyright infringement and representation of products or services.
- We will usually correct most obvious errors found in a manuscript when the product is being produced and checked. These will be noted in the conversion log and you may accept or reject the changes. We will contact you for clarification where there is any doubt.
- You will have 14 days after we send the completed project to you to notify us of any faults that require correction. An absence of notification will be taken as full approval.
- Notwithstanding the above points, Oxford eBooks will make every effort to ensure the completeness, accuracy and aesthetic appeal of any work that it undertakes and will remain as flexible in these terms as it possibly can in order to maintain our excellent reputation.
The following terms are applicable for eBook conversion work that we do for you.
- Files provided to you by Oxford eBooks will include:
- EPUB version of your eBook. (ePub version 2)
- MOBI version of your eBook for Kindle.
- Conversion log where necessary explaining any edits made to the manuscript or errors discovered during production.
- You may not disassemble or reverse engineer the eBook files that we send to you. The underlying technology, including CSS and formatting techniques are proprietary and at all times remain the property of Oxford eBooks Ltd and may not be copied or disseminated in any way other than within the complete eBook.
- We test every eBook that we produce and verify it against the industry standard file checker (epubcheck) to ensure that there are ZERO technical errors. However your eBook may be loaded by your readers on devices that do not conform to the industry standards. You must accept that there may be some instances in which your eBook may not function as intended. This is extremely rare and we are continuously working to ensure maximum compatibility.
- eBook media is different to printed media in that the text is designed to work on a changing ‘page’ size as determined by the reading device or application’s screen. As such, your eBook will appear differently to the printed edition and we may need to reinterpret some of the formatting to make it work effectively.
- In order to help keep our costs low, we would like to include a short accreditation for our company in the indicia (legal page) to help advertise our services. This will comprise: “eBook production by Oxford eBooks” and our website address. If for any reason you would not like this to appear in your eBook then please let us know before the project is completed.
Amazon KDP account setup, print on Demand account setup
We offer a service in which we can set up an Amazon KDP publishing , Print on Demand account etc on your behalf. It is subject to these additional terms. We can also set up publishing accounts with other distributors, and these conditions will also apply.
- All information that you provide to us pertaining to the account setup MUST be correct and accurate.
- You accept any and all responsibility for the running, maintenance and security of the account.
- You grant full permission for us to set up the account on your behalf and to accept their terms of the agreement(s) on your behalf and with your full permission.
- We will send you copies of or links to the terms and conditions of these companies for your records and for you to study. It is your responsibility to let us know within the cancellation period whether you are unable to accept the terms. A failure to respond will be constituted as full acceptance of the terms.
Print on Demand
Here are the specific terms relating to our print on demand service.
- On completion of typesetting, you will be sent a PDF proof of the book and cover to approve. It is ESSENTIAL that you take this opportunity to check it for mistakes before we progress to the printed proof stage.
- You will be sent ONE printed proof of the final book to approve prior to making the book available for printing and ordering. Further proofs (unless errors are clearly the fault of Oxford eBooks) will be chargeable at the prevailing rate.
- Annual charges may be applicable to list your book for general distribution to cover administration, listing fees and transfer of your earnings as accrued.
- An administration charge (£12 inc vat) is applied for orders of printed stock which must be paid for in advance along with the printing and shipping fees.
- You agree that print and shipping costs for your book are controlled by the print firm and any changes to their charges will affect your earnings and stock prices.
- If we manage the distribution of your POD book, then we will calculate your earnings based on receipts from the print firm. Amazon and other book stores will order directly from them at the agreed trade discount rate.
- Payment of earnings are subject to a minimum payout of £50.
- You understand that your returns from the printing of your book are the remainder after manufacturing cost and the deduction of the trade discount to the distributors based on the recommended retail price which you agree to set.
- You understand that in exceptional circumstances that the sale of your book may result in a LOSS. Any losses may be deducted from your subsequent earnings statement should we manage your distribution or claimed by issue of an invoice.
US Tax withholding exemption applications
Some organisations based in or that trade in the US are bound by US tax laws to withhold up to 30% tax on your earnings for non US residents. Where we set up publishing and distribution accounts for you (Amazon, Print on Demand etc) you may claim tax withholding exemption if you qualify (generally, if you are a UK resident). We will assist with this during the account setup but it is important that your details are correct.
- You grant full permission for us to submit US tax information relating to exemption of US tax withholding should you wish to claim exemption and also that you are FULLY qualified to receive it. Please let us know IN ADVANCE if you do not wish to claim tax exemption or if you do not qualify. You can find out more about this at the IRS website:
- You understand the consequences of providing false account or tax information, which could result in the offence of perjury or false tax claims and indemnify Oxford eBooks against all claims and consequences relating to the account setup and your tax withholding exemption claims.